Friday, March 30, 2012

Marking Multiple Records?

I have a crystal report that I have been asked to modify for a new process.

This report will take a look at our scheduling system and display which Dies are needed for each order. The Problem I am running into is I need a way to be able to denote that a Die is at another operation if the die number is previously listed in the report. This would be fine if I could sort by Die number, but the report has to be sorted by time so our Die room staff knows when a die is due to a machine and are able to just run through the list without having to search through the report for the next order.

This report is currently grouped by run date (so we can keep shifts straight) and sorted by Run Start Time and then by machine number.
This is the order is has to be in, and I cannot deviate from that.

Attached is an example of the current layout of the report

My issue is that I need some way to Denote that the die for the last order 278381-1 is at another machine (the First 2 orders 278385-1) so our Die Room staff are not searching for the Die on Rack 51 when they go to get the dies for the the last order.

I have thought long and hard about this, and I cannot figure out a way to get through this issue without reordering the report, which I cant do.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciatedProblem has been resolved
The solution involved creating a Sub-Report and filtering out the extra records that did not match and then adding a Formatting to the Field to denote a Duplicate record.

No comments:

Post a Comment