Friday, March 30, 2012

Margin and Paper Orientation programmatically

Hello.

I have a report but by default it prints Portrait and 1.0inch Margin. I would like to programmatically set the values of my report to 0.2 inch margin and Landscape. I am using RDLC (Local Report).

Does anyone has an idea how to achieve this?

Jose

Pls try, Report ->properties ->layout.

Over here u cans et margins as well as width and height of the report.

|||

Report -> Properties -> Layout does not exists.

i don't think it has something to do with the report itself, but the PrintDoc related to the Report Control.

Based on my analysis, The Report Control MIGHT create a PrintDoc on the fly and set the Rendered Report to it. So, i guess we could try to trap that PrintDoc before is sent to Printer.

But, so far... i can't find the "way" to "meet up" with this PrintDoc chic.

Any other suggestion?

|||

Ok. I see what you mean now. Those Margins and Padding are related to the Control itself. For example, any other control inside the Reprt Control. It's like <Table> in HTML. You can set Margins and Paddings of its cells for other controls inside.

Well... i keep on looking a solution.... I trapped the Print Event but nothing about any hint to set Printing Margin and Orientation... Sad

|||

I found this solution but still is not what i am looking for. So far this solution only works with IMAGE output and it's really messy. So, i'll try to figure out what to do.

http://blogs.msdn.com/bryanke/articles/71491.aspx

Nobody can help please?

No comments:

Post a Comment