Friday, March 30, 2012

mapping XML data to variable

I can’t figure out how to map xml data stored in a table to a variable in integration service.

For example:
I would like to use a “for each loop container” to iterate through a row set selected from database. Each row has three columns, an integer, a string and an xml data. In the variable mappings, I can map the integer column and the string column to a variable with type of int and a variable with type of string. But I am having trouble to map the xml data column to any variable. I tried using either a string variable or object. It always reports error like “variable mapping number X to variable XXX can’t apply”.

Any help?

This is a supported scenario. Ensure that:

The column is actually being loaded into the record set: Check the column mappings in the recordset dest The value being mapped to the variable is less than 4000 characters long: select max(datalength(xmlCol)) from XmlTable

No comments:

Post a Comment