Friday, March 30, 2012

mapping Windows credentials to access linked server

Hi all,
I have linked SQL Server "SRV2" to SQL Server "SRV1" through
sp_addlinkedserver.
In my scenario, Windows user "U1" has access to "SRV1" while Windows
user "U2" has access to "SRV2".
Whenever I access "SRV1" as "U1" and execute a distributed query which
involves "SRV2", I would like "U1" to be mapped to "U2" for accessing
"SRV2".
Does anyone know whether this is possible and how?
I know that I can pass-through "U1" credentials to "SRV2" with
delegation and the default mapping, or map "U1" to a SQL User "sqlU2"
that can access "SRV2".
However what I would like to do is to map Windows user "U1" to Windows
user "U2".
I am using SQL Server 2005 which comes with Visual Studio Beta2.
Thanks in advance for any help,
-GianlucaHi
As fas as I know you will have to create a new login in "SRV2". with the
same permissions.
"Gianluca Torta" <giatorta@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1121206171.989233.19240@.f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi all,
> I have linked SQL Server "SRV2" to SQL Server "SRV1" through
> sp_addlinkedserver.
> In my scenario, Windows user "U1" has access to "SRV1" while Windows
> user "U2" has access to "SRV2".
> Whenever I access "SRV1" as "U1" and execute a distributed query which
> involves "SRV2", I would like "U1" to be mapped to "U2" for accessing
> "SRV2".
> Does anyone know whether this is possible and how?
> I know that I can pass-through "U1" credentials to "SRV2" with
> delegation and the default mapping, or map "U1" to a SQL User "sqlU2"
> that can access "SRV2".
> However what I would like to do is to map Windows user "U1" to Windows
> user "U2".
> I am using SQL Server 2005 which comes with Visual Studio Beta2.
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> -Gianluca
>

No comments:

Post a Comment