Friday, March 30, 2012

Marker colouring in Line Chart

Hi,

Two questions both on Line charts:

Is it possible to give the marker of a line chart a different colour from that given to the line?

Is it possible to make only the line in the line chart invisible? My requirement is to keep only the markers.

Regards,

Emil

1. Yes. On the point labels tab, click the label style button. In the color textbox, you can select a color or enter an expression (say one color for positive values and another for negative values -- use IIf).

2. Yes. Double click the field that you want to make disappear. In the value textbox (values tab) enter the following for the expression:

=""

This will keep the point labels as they were, but make the value for the line chart be empty.

|||

Hello I have similar requirements.

When I set the values tab to ="" I just get a solid line at origin. I am not seeing the markers at all anymore.

I tried putting the line to none and in the layout mode I dont see a line but as soon as I'm in preview mode I do.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

|||

topekk wrote:

Hello I have similar requirements.

When I set the values tab to ="" I just get a solid line at origin. I am not seeing the markers at all anymore.

What is the expression that is used to create your markers? You need to have an expression there for the markers themselves.

I don't have access to RS at the moment, but I can give you precise instructions tomorrow.

|||

I can't find any tab or button that lets me use an expression to create or alter the markers.

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

|||

I'll take a look at it tomorrow for you.

|||

For the Line chart, I chose the data series in question and get the following tabs:

Values - Series Label, Value,

Appearance show markers checkboxbox, marker size, marker type, (plot data as line checkbox (disabled)), series style button

Point Labels - Show point labels checkbox, Data Label, Label Style, Position, Format code:

Action

Data Output

|||

I'm fairly sure it's point labels (not markers, sorry). You need to have an expression in the point labels. That way the point labels will remain when you blank out the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment