Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mapping Active Directory Group members to SQL Server Roles

My question is I have a SQL Server running on Web Server which is a member of a 2000 Active Directory, I only grant access to the database via Global Groups from the Active Directory. When I log onto the database via Windows Authentication the actual user shows up in the master.dbo.sysprocesses table, I can tell what database that process is going to but not how that user is being translated to the Global Group that was actually given access. I need the actual database user name which is the Global Group name that had permissions granted via user defined database roles so that I can do some pre-processing in an ASP.NET application so that I know what parts of a form are updatable or not.No, a Server Role container for users with a specific set of permission. The group has to be mapped to a principal in SQL Server to be included in a role.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.desql

No comments:

Post a Comment