Saturday, February 25, 2012

Managing a large row size

I have an app that requires 125 columns whcih blows away the 8060 byte
limit.
(It's a decision support app, and I've alreay broken out four subordinate
tables to fullfill a one-to-many need...but the 125 DO belong together.)
I need to split it into a minimum of three tables.
Is there sample code that would show how to keep these three tables in sync
when doing INS, UPDT, and DEL, including transactions?
Kyle!Try create a view based on the three tables and instead of trigger when
insert and update
"Kyle Jedrusiak" <kyle.jedrusiak@.princetoninformation.com> wrote in message
news:OuH9DOLQDHA.3768@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I have an app that requires 125 columns whcih blows away the 8060 byte
> limit.
> (It's a decision support app, and I've alreay broken out four subordinate
> tables to fullfill a one-to-many need...but the 125 DO belong together.)
> I need to split it into a minimum of three tables.
> Is there sample code that would show how to keep these three tables in
sync
> when doing INS, UPDT, and DEL, including transactions?
> Kyle!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment