Monday, February 20, 2012

Management Studio takes 1 minute to start

I did a Process Monitor trace, and found that it hangs twice -
29 seconds between closing the registry key:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\T
cpip\Parameters\Winsock
and exiting the thread, and 18 seconds trying to create \
\10.0.120.21\PIPE\sql\query
I'm thinking that this has to do with prior connection attempts to SQL
servers that are not on my network now. I think it is trying to see if
they are still alive.
So - my question is - where is this information kept, and how do I
alter it? I can't find it in any registry keys. I tried renaming the
SQL Server directories in my Program Data and AppData folders, yet it
still tries.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
- SeanHi
http://blogs.msdn.com/euanga/archiv.../11/662053.aspx
"Seannerd" <sean@.coolbean.com> wrote in message
news:1185898405.459588.322800@.57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...
>I did a Process Monitor trace, and found that it hangs twice -
> 29 seconds between closing the registry key:
> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\T
cpip\Parameters\Winsock
> and exiting the thread, and 18 seconds trying to create \
> \10.0.120.21\PIPE\sql\query
> I'm thinking that this has to do with prior connection attempts to SQL
> servers that are not on my network now. I think it is trying to see if
> they are still alive.
> So - my question is - where is this information kept, and how do I
> alter it? I can't find it in any registry keys. I tried renaming the
> SQL Server directories in my Program Data and AppData folders, yet it
> still tries.
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks.
> - Sean
>

No comments:

Post a Comment