Saturday, February 25, 2012

Managing an axis in a SQL 2005 Reporting Services Chart

Hi,

I'm getting my feet wet with SQL 2005's reporting services charting features and I can't seem to find a way to have my Y-Axis stay constant. I've created a Line Chart and have set the Minimum and Maximum scale to 10 for my Y-Axis. The report seems to ignore this and sets each chart in the report relevant to the data for the series. This means that my charts, which are performance indicators for individuals, are not consistent in their layout. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

-James

james@.4divine.com

The minimum value of the y-axis describes the minimum axis value that should be shown in the chart. It sounds like you have set the minimum and the maximum value of the y-axis to have identical values. In that case your setting is ignored and the axis will autoscale based on the actual data point y-values.

I think you should set the minimum to be 0 and the maximum to be 10.

-- Robert

|||

hi,

i also have a problem with the numbers in charts, esp bar chart. currently, the y-axis is on auto-mode.

however, some of the numbers are hidden in the bar chart.

is there a way to set the maximum value of the y-axis to be max(globalvariable) + 10.

i believe this will force the chart to be bigger, thus the nos will not be hidden in the bar chart.

any idea how this can be done?

-

HY

|||

RS 2005 allows the usage of expressions for the axis settings, such as min, max, and so on.

E.g. =Max(Fields!A.Value, "Dataset1")

-- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment