Monday, February 20, 2012

Management Studio Very slow to open

Hi,

I've had this problem with a VM and now on the Live box. I installed Windows Server 2003 SP1, then install SQL server 2005 and applied service pack 1.

As an administrator Management Studio takes approximately 2 seconds to open. However, if I log in to windows with any other local user account Manangement Studio takes approximately 1.5 minutes to open.

The whole interface is slow unless I use the administrator account to log into windows.

If anyone has a solution I would be very greatful as this is a new build for our production environment.

Thanks in advance.

Iain

Not sure if this will help, but if you have a look at internet explorer, on tools, internet options, advanced, security, check for publishers certificate revocation. I believe the default is enabled (ticked). On out NON-INTERNET facing DB machines, we have disabled that, and see a significant improvement in SSMS 'opening' time. I have heard that SSMS 'calls home' to check soemthing, and that by disabling this option, it no longer does this.

As I have it, the reason it can take so long is that on a non-internet facing machine, it waits for a timeout there.... true or not true ? I'm not sure, but I do know we are seeing a significant improvement

|||

https://blogs.msdn.com/euanga/archive/2006/07/11/662053.aspx

|||Thanks very much for post. I'm teaching it on XPsp2 machines and the timeout was about 10 mins. Very annoying and this fix sorted it straight away takes 1 second to open now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment